After a successful trial Total Voice Cambridgeshire and Peterborough (TVCP) we will be launching two exciting drop ins weekly from 1st May 2018!
- A Cambridge City Drop In at the Edge Café on the Brookfields Hospital site, every Tuesday from 10am – 12midday.
- A Peterborough City Drop In at the Total Voice Offices at 27 London Road, just outside the Peterborough United, every Wednesday 2pm-4pm.
By doing this we will try and reach some more of the 400,000 people across the local area who could be eligible for one sort of advocacy at some point in the next 12 months.
Attendees to the drop in can benefit from two types of advocacy or signposting.
- 1 on 1 support for 15-20 minutes to work through a life issue from one of our trained Peer Mentors volunteers. These must be booked in advance by ringing (01223 555849) or emailing us (email@example.com)!
- A shared group discussion with Peer Mentors and TVCP Self Advocates about attendees’ experiences of health and social care. Participants can join this at any time during the drop in and don’t need to contact us in advance.
- Those who attend with an issue that isn’t eligible for advocacy will get support to get the right help elsewhere.
The Volunteer Programme also hope that by promoting the new drop in, they can find volunteers to train and support to run a drop in in our other local districts. We already have some volunteers who maybe able to help us set one up in Huntingdon, and would be very keen to hear from anyone in Cambourne, Ely, Wisbech or surrounding areas who would like to do the same.
TVCP Peer Mentor Rachel said that she was “really keen to get started” supporting her local drop in, she encouraged people to attend by saying “I am really driven by helping people get support when they are finding things tough”.
Andy Amhad Recovering Coordinator at the Edge Café said “We are delighted to host Total Voice Community Drop-in and Peer Mentoring Group at The Edge Café, as this essential resource strengthens the voice of people suffering in isolation in our community.”