Community Drop Ins
Do you need support to have your view heard?
From someone who has also dealt with health and social services?
What are our Community Drop Ins?
- 1 on 1 support for 15-20 minutes to work through a life issue from one of our trained Peer Mentors volunteers. These must be booked in advance by ringing (01223 555849) or emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
- A shared group discussion with Peer Mentors and TVCP Self Advocates about attendees’ experiences of health and social care. Participants can join this at any time during the drop in and don’t need to contact us in advance.
- Signposting to get the support to find the right help elsewhere (when we can’t help).
Who are they for?
Any one who lives in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough who has a care or support need, this includes carers.
What can Peer Mentors do?
• Give you support and encouragement (but never advise or direct).
• Provide some forms of practical support (like with phone calls).
Where are the drop ins?
Currently drop ins run at the following locations:
- Cambridge City – at the Edge Café on the Brookfields Hospital site, every Tuesday from 10am – 12midday.
- Peterborough City – at the Total Voice Offices at 27 London Road, just infront of Peterborough United Football Club, every Wednesday 2pm-4pm.
- We are hoping to have drop ins in Cambourne, Ely, Huntingdon, and March or Wisbech in the future.
Please note – Drop Ins don’t take place on Bank Holidays. If you want to check a drop in is running please call us beforehand or check on our social media.