Community Advocacy

Total Voice in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough offers people who have additional needs, such as a disability or mental health illness, advocacy support to understand your choices and make decisions. Our advocates will listen to what you want and help you work towards your goal.

You can get support from a professional advocate if you over 18 (or, over 16 if you are severely or profoundly deaf), live in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough and are registered with a GP in the borough. You must have eligible health and / or social care needs

Your advocate will support you to:

  • Express your views and wishes
  • Secure your rights
  • Have your interests represented
  • Access information and services
  • Explore choices and options and
  • Access specialist services if you need them

An independent advocate will meet with you and listen to what you want. They will agree a plan with you based on what you want to happen.

Then the advocate will support you to achieve your goals.

Referral Form

Your Communication Needs

Your advocate will make sure that any information we provide you meets your own communication needs.

We can also help your friends, family and carers to access and understand useful information.

Your advocate will work with you until your issue has been resolved and those around you understand what it is that you want or need.

If you need an advocate who works with people who are deaf, please contact our specialist BSL advocate at Cambridgeshire Deaf Association on the details below.

Other Community Services

In Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, we will also be offering:

  • Group Advocacy – Group advocacy is where people join their voices together and make a difference for others in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
  • Peer Advocacy¬†– A peer advocate is a trained volunteer who has similar experiences to you and so can understand the situation you are in.